The Society of Aquaculture Professional (SAP) is a non-profit, non-government organization established for and by a group of aquaculture professionals, in India, in the year 2003. Currently, SAP has over 500+ aquaculture professionals as life members. Aqua India is the biannual conference conducted by SAP and attended by well over 500 aquaculture professionals from India and abroad.
Mission Of Society Of Aquaculture Professional
To help aquaculture professionals advance the art science and practice of aquaculture. This is to be achieved by providing opportunities for continuous professional development of individuals and being the voice of professionals to all stakeholders in the aquaculture industry.
- Promote the art, science and practice of aquaculture as an important and sustainable technology to produce food.
- Foster advancements in aquaculture science and technology through research.
- Help educational institutions to offer relevant and practical aquaculture education.
- Gather and disseminate scientific, technical and other information about aquaculture through publications, meetings and other forms of communication.
- Develop and keep updated a set of technical and ethical standards for aquaculture professionals.